- 1 tablespoon Fat Hen Farm extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 Schulte’s Lamb Shanks
- Olsson’s sea salt
- Aussie Pepper cracked black pepper
- 1 litre Roza’s chicken bone broth
- ¾ cup (180ml) P360 honey
- ½ cup (90g) Bundaberg brown sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) Lirah Caramelised Fig Balsamic
- ½ cup (125ml) Ballandean Estate Wine Merlot
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 rosemary sprigs
(All highlighted ingredients are available in store now at Panty 360)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat
- Sprinkle the lamb with salt and pepper and cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until browned. Place in a large deep-sided roasting pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the frying pan and add the stock, garlic, honey, sugar, vinegar, wine and the rosemary. Bring to the boil and pour over the lamb shanks.
- Cover tightly with aluminium foil and roast, turning the shanks half way through cooking, for 2½ hours or until the shanks are tender.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220°C (425°F). Remove the foil and roast, uncovered, turning the shanks every 15 minutes, for a further 45–50 minutes or until glossy and sticky.
- Place the lamb shanks on a serving dish. Strain the liquid from the pan and skim off any fat. Serve lamb with the pan juices and mint sauce.